Hydrogen peroxide is an environment-friendly chemical, which has many advantages compared with other oxidizing agents such chlorine. It leaves nothing other than water and oxygen when it is used. So, it will not harm the environment.
In this post, I am going to show you some industrial uses of hydrogen peroxide. It is now replacing chlorine since it has no negative impact to the environment and cost benefits.
Almost all industrial uses of hydrogen peroxide exploit its oxidizing power. Please note that the uses of hydrogen peroxide described here are for general applications both for technical and food grades.
- As bleaching agent for pulp and paper, textile, rattan and wood.
- Used in waste water treatment.
- As raw material for manufacturing other chemicals.
- It is used in sterilization process of food packaging as disinfectant.
- Hydrogen peroxide is utilized in metal etching process of electronic product.
- Used for hair bleaching.
- Chemical polishing product contains hydrogen peroxide.
- In medical field, it is commonly employed as anti-micro bacterial and can be found in first aid kits for wound treatment.
- It is applied in de-inking process on used papers.
The above uses of hydrogen peroxide are still general. More specific area will be posted on other articles later. This post is written only for general information.